ARM-JTAG-EW is product by joined efforts of Olimex and IAR Systems, the goal was to not release just yet another fast USB JTAG compatible with Embedded Workbench, but to make low cost JTAG with features available only in the expensive Logic analizers, for this purpose ARM-JTAG-EW offer to the user not only software breakpoints, but also hardware breakpoints - user can stop the code by external triggers which may be the target power consumption, rising/falling edge external signals, analogue signal window value. ARM-JTAG-EW emulates on low level the IAR Systems' J-LINK API so it works like normal J-LINK debugger, but add some unique features which are available only in the very high end and expensive debugger tools on the market.
- Debug all ARM microcontrollers supported by EW-ARM
- Fast speed USB 2.0 JTAG dongle interface, can be used with all ARM7 and CortexM3 devices for programming and debugging, ARM9 and MIPS support are planned to be add later this year.
- can power on/off target with +5VDC on ARM connector PIN#19
- monitors the power consumption, you can watch in C-SPY
- you can set breakpoints at power consumption value
- you can set external trigger breakpoints i.e. you can stop your code on rising / falling edge of external hardware signal
- you can set external trigger breakpoint on external analogue value signal i.e. stop my code when the external signal is between 0.85 and 1.25V
- Uses ARM's standard 2x10 pin JTAG connector
- supports ARM targets working in voltage range 2.0â€“ 5.0 V DC
- software supported by EW-ARM
- dimensions 50x40 mm (2x1.6") + 20 cm (8") JTAG cable
ARM-JTAG-EW driver (available for download after purchase) for EW-ARM. The latest driver is arm-jtag-ew-188.8.131.52.zip and supports EW-ARM 5.30 and Cortex M3 as JTAG. Cortex M3 serial wire debug will be released by 31.03.2009