The HS232 is an RS232 Daughter
board with I/O. It has been designed to fit onto a H-Series SBC Main Board, and
in a ENC1593NBK or ENC1593NGY enclosure. This board will normally be used
together with a H-Series SBC Main board, an enclosure and two enclosure panels
(face plates) - see picture to the right. All terminal block contacts are
numbered on the enclosure panel.
It is fully assembled, and supplied with the terminal block connector and
plug as shown in the photo above.
It has a 9 pin Sub-D type
male connector with all modem signals. All signals on the RS232 connector are
15kV ESD protected. Additionally it has a 6 pin terminal block connector with
power and four I/O signals. These 4 I/O signals can be configured to have
different functions depending on the SBC Main board used. For example, if an SBC
Main board with a PIC18F6525 PIC CPU (the HC64P for example) is used, these 4
I/O signals can have one of the following functions:
- 1A open collector output pin
- 10 bit analog input pin
- PWM output
- Capture/Compare input
- Digital input or output
This board is designed to fit into a Hammond 1593N enclosure. It can be mated
with one of our H-Series daughter board, and mounted in a Hammond 5193N
- Sub-D type male connector with full modem signals.
- All RS-232 pins are 15kV ESD protected.
- Green user LED on PIC port RF5.
- 6 pin terminal block connector with power and four I/O signals. These 4 I/O
signals can be configured to have different functions depending on the SBC Main
- Up to three 1A open collector output pin, and one 500mA open collector
output pin. The driver chip (ULN2003) is socketed, and can easily be replaced if
- Up to four 10 bit analog input pins.
- Up to four (3 x 1A and 1 x 500mA) 10 bit PWM output pins.
- Up to four Capture/Compare inputs.
- Up to four Digital inputs or outputs.
- Is part of our H-Series product range. It can be combined with many
different daughter boards to add additional functionality.
- Assembled with quality components! Line drivers are industrial ESD protected
- Board assembled and tested in Australia!
The HS232 has a 2x20 pin,
2mm connector that is used to plug it onto a Modtronix H-Series SBC Main board.
When mated, they fit into a Hammond 1593N enclosure. The example image to the
right shows a H-Series SBC Main board (the HC64P-48R ) with a Daughter Board
(the HP15D prototype board) mounted in a Hammond 1593N
Download Product Datasheet in PDF format.