Pololu Jrk 12v12 USB Motor Controller with Feedback
The jrk 12v12 motor controller is a highly configurable brushed DC motor controller that supports four interface modes: USB, logic-level serial, analog voltage, and hobby radio control (RC). The controller can be used as an open-loop speed control or for closed-loop speed or position control. The continuous output current is approximately 12 A (30 A max) and the operating range of 6 - 16 V (with transient protection up to 40 V).
The jrk 12v12 is a versatile, general-purpose motor controller that supports a variety of interfaces, including USB. The 6 V to 16 V operating range and high continuous output current of 12 A (30 A peak) allow this board to control many medium-sized DC brushed motors. Analog voltage and tachometer (frequency) feedback options allow quick implementation of closed-loop servo systems, and a free configuration utility (for Windows XP or Vista) allows easy calibration and configuration through the USB port.
Key improvements over competing products and earlier Pololu motor controllers with feedback include:
- USB connectivity with emulated serial (COM) port allows direct motor control from a PC.
- Ultrasonic PWM to eliminate switching-induced motor shaft hum or whine.
- Robust, high-speed communication protocol with user-configurable error condition response.
- High internal resolution (12 bits) for smooth and flexible calibration to various input and feedback devices.
- Current sensing and limiting.
- Reversed power protection.
- Field-upgradeable firmware
- Motor channels: 1
- Operating voltage: 6 - 16 V
- Continuous output current: 12 A
- Peak output current: 30 A
- Auto-detect baud rate range: 300 - 115,200 bps
- Available fixed baud rates: 300 - 115,200 bps
- Available PWM frequencies: 20 kHz, 5 kHz
- Reverse voltage protection?: Yes
- USB connector style: USB Mini-B
- Pololu Jrk USB Motor Controller User Guide
- Drivers and configuration utility for jrk 21v3 and jrk 12v12 motor controllers