A4983 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier
The A4983 stepper motor driver carrier is a breakout board for Allegros easy-to-use A4983 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver. The driver features adjustable current limiting and five different microstep resolutions. The driver operates from 8 - 35 V and can deliver up to 2A per coil.
This product is a carrier board or breakout board for Allegros A4983 DMOS Microstepping Driver with Translator; we therefore recommend careful reading of the A4983 datasheet (368k pdf) before using this product. This stepper motor driver lets you control one bipolar stepper motor at up to 2 A output current per coil. Here are some of the driver's key features:
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Five different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, quarter-step, eighth-step, and sixteenth-step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout, and crossover-current protection
The A4983 stepper motor driver carrier comes with one 1Ã—16-pin breakaway 0.1" male header. The headers can be soldered in for use with solderless breadboards or 0.1" female connectors. You can also solder your motor leads and other connections directly to the board.