A4983 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier with Voltage Regulators
The A4983 stepper motor driver carrier with voltage regulators is a breakout board for Allegro's easy-to-use A4983 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver. The board has two voltage regulators (5 V and 3.3 V), eliminating the need for separate logic and motor supplies. The driver features adjustable current limiting and five different microstep resolutions. It operates from 8 to 35 V and can deliver up to 2 A per coil.
This product is a carrier board or breakout board for Allegro's A4983 DMOS Microstepping Driver with Translator; we therefore recommend careful reading of the A4983 datasheet (368k pdf) before using this product. This stepper motor driver lets you control one bipolar stepper motor at up to 2 A output current per coil. Here are some of the driver's key features:
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Five different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, quarter-step, eighth-step, and sixteenth-step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout, and crossover-current protection
This carrier has reverse power protection on the main power input and built-in 5 V and 3.3 V voltage regulators that eliminate the need for separate logic and motor supplies and let you control the driver with microcontrollers powered at 5 V or 3.3 V. We also sell a smaller version of the A4983 carrier without voltage regulators.
The A4983 stepper motor driver carrier with voltage regulators comes with one 1—14-pin breakaway 0.1" male header and one 1—8-pin breakaway 0.1" male header. The headers can be soldered in for use with solderless breadboards or 0.1" female connectors. You can also solder your motor leads and other connections directly to the board.