ACS714 Current Sensor Carrier -5 to +5A
This board is a simple carrier for Allegro's ±5A ACS714 Hall effect-based linear current sensor. This version accepts a bidirectional current input with a magnitude up to 5 A. The output is an analog voltage (185 mV/A) centered at 2.5 V with a typical error of less than 1.5%.
- Designed for bidirectional input current from -5 to 5 A (though the robust sensor IC can survive up to five times the overcurrent condition).
- Conductive path internal resistance is typically 1.2 mO, and the PCB is made with 2-oz copper, so very little power is lost in the board.
- Use of a Hall effect sensor means the IC is able to electrically isolate the current path from the sensor's electronics (up to 2.1 kV RMS), which allows the sensor to be inserted anywhere along the current path and to be used in applications that require electrical isolation.
- 80 kHz bandwith that can optionally be decreased by adding a capacitor across the board pins marked "filter".
- High accuracy and reliability: typical total output error of 1.5% at room temperature with factory calibration, an extremely stable output offset voltage, and almost zero magnetic hysteresis.
- Automotive grade operating temperature range of -40°C to 150°C.
The pads are labeled on the bottom silkscreen, as shown in the picture to the right. The silkscreen also shows the direction that is interpreted as positive current flow via the +i arrow.