Arduino ProtoShield Kit v2
Riding on the waves of the very popular Arduino USB board is this small prototyping shield. Originally spawned with collaboration between the folks at SFE and ITP @ NYU, the Protoshield mates with the Arduino USB board and gives the user a small soldering area, two general LEDs, access to a BlueSMiRF socket, a general pushbutton switch, and most important of all - the Arduino reset switch is brought to the top level.
This comes in kit form and must be soldered together by the end user. Please note - we do not ship assembly instructions! There are a few tutorials on assembly listed below. All soldering is through-hole (relatively easy) but always check your component orientation before soldering!
The kit is pictured with the bread-board option. We highly recommend this breadboard! The bread board can be purchased separately as a related item shown below.
- 1x Protoshield bare PCB
- 2x Stackable Headers 6-pin
- 2x Stackable Headers 8-pin
- 2x 5mm Basic Yellow LEDs
- 2x 330 Ohm resistors
- 1x 10k resistor
- 2x Momentary push buttons
- 2x 0.1uF Ceramic Capacitors
- All Arduino pins are brought to the top level
- 5V, GND, and Raw pins are exposed as well
- BlueSMiRF socket for wireless communication between Arduinos
- 2 general use LEDs
- 1 general use button
- Reset button brought to top level
- Protoshield Schematic
- Arduino Home Page
- Assembly Tutorial by Bob Gallup (Please note: this tutorial is out of date and doesn't take into account the stackable headers)