Breakout Board for PIC24HJ64 - mini-Bully
The 'mini-Bully' is a simple breakout for the very powerful 16-bit PIC24HJ64 microcontroller. The board has a 3.3V regulator and runs a serial bootloader developed by Mississippi State (the 'Bull Dogs'). The mini-Bully comes fully assembled as shown without connectors populated so that you can solder in any connector or wire with any orientation you need. No programmer required, only a serial connection provided by the USB-to-Serial (TTL) cable such as the FTDI Basic board listed below.
PIC24 code examples that are compatible with the mini-Bully and source code for the bootloader can be found here.
- PIC24HJ64GP502, 64K flash, 8K RAM, 40MIPs from internal PLL, DMA, 5 timers, 2 UARTS, 2 SPI, ECAN, I2C, RTCC, 10/12 bit ADC, analog comparator
- Low-voltage board needs no interfacing circuitry to popular 3.3V devices and modules (GPS, accelerometers, sensors, etc)
- Program using serial/USB connection off board
- Supports auto-reset
- 3.3V regulator
- Reverse polarity protected
- DC input 3.3V up to 12V
- On board Power/Status LED
- Dimensions: 0.17 x 0.83 x 1.55" (4.2 x 21 x 39.5mm)