MOD-NRF24LR RF 2.4GHz TRANSCIEVER MODULE WITH NRF24L01
- NRF24L01 2.4GHz low power transciever
- UEXT to connect to host microcontroller (standard connector on our ARM development boards)
- SPI 0-8Mhz interface
- 125 RF channels
- up to 2Mbit data rate
- 1.8-3.6V operating voltage
- PCB: FR-4, 1.5 mm (0,062"), red soldermask, white silkscreen component print
- Dimensions: MOD-NRF24LR - 34x18 mm (1.34x0.7")
LPC-P2148 demo code for bi-directional communication with MOD-NRF24L
Q: What is the communication distance?
A: In open air MOD-NRF24LS communicate about 65 meters, MOD-NRF24LR about 62 meters. In buildings the 2.4Ghz signal fades very quickly through the walls, and usually signal is lost if pass 1-2 walls (depend what have in the walls we guess) but is received without problem in the single room area even in bigger rooms like 20x20 meters.
Q: How MOD-NRF24Lx interference with Bluetooth, WiFi, ZigBee?
A: MOD-NRF24Lx have 125 channels for communication, some of them are same channels used for Bluetooth, Zigbee and WiFi, so user must implement colision detection and switch through channels until they find free communication channel.
Q: Do these modules need some certification for use?
A: 2.4Ghz is free band for communication in most countries. The output level by MOD-NRF24Lx modules is within the standard specs so you don't need any certification to use these modules.