PiCAN FD with GPS/GNSS ublox NEO-M8P High Precision RTK Module for Raspberry Pi
£264.00 inc VAT
Original price £220.00 - Original price £241.50
£220.00 - £241.50
Current price £220.00ex VAT
This PiCAN FD board with ublox NEO-M8P GPS/GNSS receiver. The NEO-M8P module combines the high performance u-blox M8 positioning engine with u-blox’s Real Time Kinematic (RTK) technology. The NEO-M8P provides cm-level GNSS performance designed to meet the needs of unmanned vehicles and other machine control applications requiring high precision guidance.
u-blox’s RTK technology introduces the concept of a “rover” (NEO-M8P-0) and a “base” (NEO-M8P-2) on the M8 platform for stunning cm-level accuracy in clear sky environments. The base station module sends corrections via the RTCM proto- col to the rover module via a communication link enabling the rover to output its position relative to the base station down to centimeter-level precision.
The NEO-M8P is ideal for applications that require vehicles to move faster and more accurately, operate more efficiently, and automatically return to base station platforms. Such ap- plications include UAV, unmanned vehicles (e.g. robotic lawn mowers), and Precision Agriculture guidance.
Antenna connection is via a SMA connector.
Classic CAN and CAN FD is provided by the Microchip MCP2518FD IC.
Easy to install SocketCAN driver. Programming can be done in C or Python.
CAN FD Features
- Microchip MCP2518FD CAN Controller
- Arbitration Bit Rate u pto 1Mbps
- Data Bit Rate upto 8Mbps
- CAN FD Controller modes
- Mixed CAN 2.0B and CANFD mode
- CAN 2.0B mode
- High speed SPI Interface (10 MHz)
- 120Ω terminator ready
- LED indicator (GPIO04)
- Four fixing holes, comply with Pi Hat standard
- SocketCAN driver, appears as can0 to application
- Interrupt RX on GPIO25
- Fix status LED
- 72-channel u-blox M8 engine GPS/QZSS L1 C/A, GLONASS L10F, BeiDou B1 SBAS L1 C/A: WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS Galileo-ready E1B/C
- Postition accuracy:
- Standalone 2.5 m CEP
- RTK 0.025 m + 1 ppm CEP
- TCXO Oscillator
- Built-In RTC crystal
- USB-C, I2C and UART communication with RAW data out
- SMA antenna connection
- u-center software compatible. Requires Windows PC via USB-C
- Time Pulse LED