PiCAN FD with LIN-Bus for Raspberry Pi
£64.80 inc VAT
Original price £54.00 - Original price £75.50
£54.00 - £75.50
Current price £54.00ex VAT
This PiCAN FD board with LIN-bus. Classic CAN and CAN FD is provided by the Microchip MCP2518FD IC.
LIN-bus is provided by a dsPIC33 micro-controller. Communication to the Pi is over UART on ttyS0 using ASCII text commands. Example LIN-bus GUI app is available written in Python3 and tkinter.
The firmware is updatable using the Microchip UnifiedHost java app. This requires the Raspberry Pi running in GUI mode.
Easy to install SocketCAN driver. Programming can be done in C or Python.
Optional 3A SMPS module which can power the PiCAN FD LIN-bus board and Raspberry Pi from 7 to 24v external supply.
CAN FD Features
- Microchip MCP2518FD CAN Controller
- Arbitration Bit Rate upto 1Mbps
- Data Bit Rate upto 8Mbps
- CAN FD Controller modes
- Mixed CAN 2.0B and CANFD mode
- CAN 2.0B mode
- High speed SPI Interface (10 MHz)
- 120Ω terminator ready
- LED indicator (GPIO04)
- Four fixing holes, comply with Pi Hat standard
- SocketCAN driver, appears as can0 to application
- Interrupt RX on GPIO25
- LED indicator
- LIN master or slave. Setting via jumper
- LIN provided by dsPIC33 micro-controller with updatable firmware
- Communicate to the Pi via ASCII text commands on ttyS0