PiCAN with GPS CAN-Bus Board for Raspberry Pi - Retired Product
£0.00 inc VAT
Original price £0.00 - Original price £0.00
£0.00 - £0.00
Current price £0.00ex VAT
This PiCAN GPS provide CAN-Bus capability for the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3. It uses the Microchip MCP2515 CAN controller. CAN connections are made via 4 way screw terminal plugs. GPS is provide by a 66 channels MTK3339 chipset module. An onboard battery holder for a CR1225 cell. The backup power is for the real time clock and help reduce fix times. The GPS module has built in patch antenna but an external active antenna can also be use via the uFL connector.
Easy to install SocketCAN driver. Programming can be done in C or Python.
This board is now retired.
- CAN v2.0B at 1 Mb/s
- High speed SPI Interface (10 MHz)
- Standard and extended data and remote frames
- 120Ω terminator ready
- Serial LCD ready
- LED indicator
- Four fixing holes, comply with Pi Hat standard
- SocketCAN driver, appears as can0 to application
- Interrupt RX on GPIO25
- MTK3339 chipset
- -165 dBm sensitivity, 10 Hz updates, 66 channels
- RTC battery holder
- Fix status LED
- On board patch antenna
- uFL connector for external active antenna
- User and installation guide
Writing your own CAN program in C
- Writing your own CAN program in Python
- Python3 examples in Github
- Example use
- Example use 2
- Example use 3
The SMPS version is not suitable for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B.