Pololu 12V, 2.2A Step-Down Voltage Regulator D24V22F12
£30.48 inc VAT
Original price £25.40 - Original price £25.40
£25.40 - £25.40
Current price £25.40ex VAT
The D24V22F12 step-down voltage regulator generates lower output voltages from input voltages as high as 36 V. It is a synchronous switching regulator (also called a switched-mode power supply (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converter) with typical efficiencies of 90% to 95%, which is much more efficient than linear voltage regulators, especially when the difference between the input and output voltage is large. The available output current is a function of the input voltage and efficiency (see the Typical efficiency and output current section below), but the output current can typically be as high as 2.2 A.
These regulators have a typical quiescent (no load) current draw of around 1 mA, and an enable pin can be used to put the boards in a low-power state that reduces the quiescent current to approximately 5 µA to 10 µA per volt on VIN.
The modules have built-in reverse-voltage protection, short-circuit protection, a thermal shutdown feature that helps prevent damage from overheating, and a soft-start feature that reduces inrush current.
- Supports input voltages up to 36 V
- Fixed 12 V output with 4% accuracy
- Typical maximum continuous output current: 2.2 A
- Typical efficiency of 90% to 95%, depending on input voltage and load
- Dropout voltage ranges from ~0.6 V at no load to ~1.1 V at 2.2 A (see below for more information on dropout voltage)
- Switching frequency: ~400 kHz
- Integrated reverse-voltage protection, over-current protection, over-temperature shutoff, and soft-start
- 1 mA typical no-load quiescent current; this can be reduced to approximately 5 µA to 10 µA per volt on VIN by disabling the board
- “Power good” output indicates when the regulator cannot adequately maintain the output voltage
- Compact size: 0.7″ × 0.7″ × 0.31″ (17.8 mm × 17.8 mm × 8 mm)
- Two 0.086″ mounting holes for #2 or M2 screws