Pololu 3.3V, 2.5A Step-Down Voltage Regulator D24V25F3
£9.48 inc VAT
Original price £7.90 - Original price £7.90
£7.90 - £7.90
Current price £7.90ex VAT
This small synchronous switching step-down (or buck) regulator takes an input voltage of up to 38 V and efficiently reduces it to 3.3 V. The board measures only 0.7″ × 0.7″, but it allows a typical continuous output current of up to 2.5 A. Typical efficiencies of 80% to 95% make this regulator well suited for powering moderate loads like sensors or small motors. High efficiencies are maintained at light loads by dynamically changing the switching frequency, and an optional shutdown pin enables a low-power state with a current draw of a few hundred microamps.
The D24V25Fx family of step-down voltage regulators generates lower output voltages from input voltages as high as 38 V. They are switching regulators (also called switched-mode power supplies (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converters) with typical efficiencies between 85% and 95%, which is much more efficient than linear voltage regulators, especially when the difference between the input and output voltage is large. The available output current is a function of the input voltage and efficiency (see the Typical Efficiency and Output Current section below), but the output current can typically be as high as 2.5 A.
At light loads, the switching frequency automatically changes to maintain high efficiencies. These regulators have a typical quiescent (no load) current draw of less than 1 mA, and the ENABLE pin can be used to put the boards in a low-power state that reduces the quiescent current to approximately 10 µA to 20 µA per volt on VIN.
The modules have built-in reverse-voltage protection, short-circuit protection, a thermal shutdown feature that helps prevent damage from overheating, a soft-start feature that reduces inrush current, and an under-voltage lockout.
- Input voltage:
- 4.5 V to 38 V for the version that outputs 3.3 V
- [output voltage + dropout voltage] to 38 V for output voltages of 5 V and higher (see below for more information on dropout voltage)
- Fixed 3.3 V, 5 V, 6 V, 7.5 V, or 9 V output (depending on regulator version) with 4% accuracy
- Typical maximum continuous output current: 2.5 A
- Integrated reverse-voltage protection, over-current protection, over-temperature shutoff, soft-start, and under-voltage lockout
- Typical efficiency of 85% to 95%, depending on input voltage and load; the switching frequency automatically changes at light loads to maintain high efficiencies
- Typical no-load quiescent current under 1 mA; can be reduced to 10 µA to 20 µA per volt on VIN by disabling the board
- Compact size: 0.7″ × 0.7″ × 0.35″ (17.8 mm × 17.8 mm × 8.8 mm)
- Two 0.086″ mounting holes for #2 or M2 screws