Pololu 5V, 1A Step-Down Voltage Regulator D24V10F5
£7.32 inc VAT
Original price £6.10 - Original price £6.10
£6.10 - £6.10
Current price £6.10ex VAT
The compact (0.5″ × 0.7″) D24V10F5 synchronous buck voltage regulator takes an input voltage of up to 36 V and efficiently reduces it to 5 V while allowing for a maximum output current of 1 A. This regulator offers typical efficiencies between 85% and 90% and has a very low dropout, so it can be used with input voltages as low as a few hundred millivolts above 5 V. The pins have a 0.1″ spacing, making this board compatible with standard solderless breadboards and perfboards.
The D24V10Fx family of step-down voltage regulators features the Intersil ISL85410 1A synchronous buck regulator and generates lower output voltages from input voltages as high as 36 V. They are switching regulators (also called switched-mode power supplies (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converters) with typical efficiencies between 80% and 93%, which is much more efficient than linear voltage regulators, especially when the difference between the input and output voltage is large. These regulators have a power-save mode that activates at light loads and a low quiescent (no load) current draw, which make them well suited for applications that are run from a battery.
- Input voltage: [output voltage + dropout voltage] to 36 V (see below for more information on dropout voltage)
- Fixed 3.3 V, 5 V, 6 V, 9 V, or 12 V output (depending on regulator version) with 4% accuracy
- Maximum output current: 1 A
- Typical efficiency of 80% to 93%
- 500 kHz switching frequency (when not in power-save mode)
- 2 ms soft-start reduces in-rush current on power-up
- 200 μA typical no-load quiescent current
- Integrated over-temperature and over-current shutoff
- Small size: 0.7″ × 0.5″ × 0.14″ (18 mm × 13 mm × 3.5 mm)