Serial Enabled LCD Backpack - 5v
The SerLCD v2.5 module is the latest serial LCD module from Spark Fun Electronics that incorporates many new features. The SerLCD backpack takes care of all the HD44780 commands allowing seamless integration with any micro that can communicate over a wide range of TTL serial baud rates. The SerLCD v2.5 has the ability to drive up to 1A directly for backlight control or as a general purpose high-power control pin.
SerLCD v2.5 currently supports 16 and 20 character wide screens with 2 or 4 lines of display. Contrast control is implemented through a trim pot on the module. Comes with 3-pin screw terminal shown on right.
- New PIC 16F688 utilizes onboard UART for greater communication accuracy
- Adjustable baud rates of 2400, 4800, 9600 (default), 14400, 19200 and 38400
- Operational Backspace
- Greater processing speed at 8MHz
- Incoming buffer stores up to 80 characters
- Backlight transistor can handle up to 1A
- Pulse width modulation of backlight allows direct control of backlight brightness and current consumption
- All surface mount design allows a backpack that is half the size of the original
- Faster boot-up time
- Boot-up display can be turned on/offÂ via firmware
- User definable splash screen
Dimensions: 0.56" x 1.75"
Code: We aim to educate! Please do not use our code or schematics for commercial use. SerLCD-v2.zip source code.